Wednesday, January 30, 2013

A Visit from Nanny

We had a GREAT time when Nanny was here.  Her first couple of days were consumed by Christmas festivities;  And despite the fact that I came down with a case of what I like to refer to as Jakarta's Weight Loss program (also referred to as Montezuma's Revenge), we were still able to show her some awesome stuff.  We were also lucky that Chris was home all but one day during her visit!





We took another trip to Taman Safari.  This time, we went during the middle of the week and the crowds (and traffic) were a lot more manageable!
We learn something new everyday!
We gave Nanny a tour of Emilie's school - as well as what will be Dustin's school next year.  Chris and Emilie also took Nanny to the National Monument (MONAS) for a different view of the city.  I was a little bummed that I was sick because I have been wanting to get to MONAS - I guess Papa Touchdown and Cathie will have to go there with me when they are here in March!
Nanny also go to try her hand at Batik making.
This is what someone was working on while they were there that day!
Pak Firman even played a little music for them!
Nanny's visit was way too short, but we were very glad she was able to visit!  We can't wait until the next time she comes (and maybe we'll let Papa Hamlin come with her next time!).



No comments:

Post a Comment